How do I earn points for referring people?
The simplest way is to just tell friends and family members about the program, and tell them to include your username when they join.
You will get 200 points for referring someone, but only when the person you referred earns 400 points for themselves.
Encourage them to participate more in the SmileCity program, and they will soon earn the points required.
There is also an Auto-Refer feature that makes telling a friend about SmileCity simple. Just enter the names of your friends and their email addresses. Then click
Send Email. An email will be sent to each of the friends you entered on your behalf. You can refer up to 5 people at a time!
How do I link my Web site to SmileCity?
- Make sure you are signed in to SmileCity;
- Visit the Referral Banners & Buttons page, available on the Earn Rewards > Referrals page;
- Choose which banner you'd like on your Web site;
- Right click on the banner and select Save picture or similar, and save to your computer;
- Then copy the HTML code below the image and paste into the HTML page where you'd like the banner to appear;
- Upload the changed page, and the banner file, to your Web server as you normally do.
It's important to realise that you must upload the banner file to your own Web space, you can't reference the image from our Web site.
Why doesn't the banner work on my Web site?
Try these steps:
- Check that you have uploaded the image file to your Web site;
- Change the <IMG src="image.gif"> so that the source points to the file in the correct directory on your Web server. See your Web design program's help for more information.
How do I refer a friend by email?
If you are sending an email to a friend, just remember to include your special referral link and a description of SmileCity at the bottom of the email. This URL links them to the sign-up form and automatically puts your username in the correct place on the form.
There is also an Auto-Refer feature that makes telling a friend about SmileCity simple. Just enter your friend's name and email address, and click
Send email. An email will be sent on your behalf. You can refer up to 5 people at a time using the Auto-Refer feature.
Remember, SmileCity does not condone spam. Do not send an email promoting SmileCity to people you do not know, or to people who would not want the email.
Why haven't I received my referral points yet?
This could be due to a number of reasons:
- If the person's name is still listed in your Pending Referrals list, then that member has not yet earned 400 reward points. You will only receive your points once they have earned 400 points.
- If the person's name was never listed in your Pending Referrals list, then the referral was not registered, and you will not earn points for it. This could be because they did not enter your username when they joined, or because they made a mistake when entering your username.
This cannot be rectified, as we have no record to show that you referred them. It is your responsibility to ensure that the people you refer enter your username correctly.
- The referral was identified as fraudulent by our system, and the membership in question was cancelled.
Fraudulent memberships and referrals
You can not sign up for more than one membership using your username to earn points because we only allow one membership per individual. Our system will detect duplicate email addresses, and applying for more than one membership is a contravention of the Terms of Service.
Attempting to create fraudulent memberships is also a contravention of Section 240 of the Crimes Act 1961 dealing with offences relating to obtaining money or other valuables by deception.
Conviction for such offences carries a maximum penalty of imprisonment for five years.
Attempts to engage in such conduct on your part will lead to the immediate termination of your SmileCity membership and may lead to further prosecution in a court of law.